Saturday, May 18, 2013

life in the grinding halt lane







approaches to bolte bridge, morning peak



“Avoid this area at all costs”, one TV reporter sagely intoned.
ROFLMAO.

I always do mate, I always do.

Of course, those travelling by train on the Upfield line were inconvenienced as well.



silver car at left clipped the truck while changing lanes


Some “authority” has suggested this incident proves we need an east/west road tunnel. Strongly disagree. What it proves is that we don’t need even longer trucks than this one on existing freeways. This was a “B Double” – a B Triple, they say, is 8 car lengths long.







Perhaps someone like Andrew might well describe this accident as a “FOX pass”?






8 comments:

  1. the entire incident is horrifying and miraculous in only 2 injured people.
    Anyone changing lanes in fast moving traffic must be very adroit and sensible to be safe, yet we have all seen it done badly and with dumb luck.
    Truckdriver clearly not wearing seatbelt. Do other truckies pay attention to this news I wonder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann, it's the worst piece of freeway anywhere, with too many ramps and exits in too short a distance to position yourself properly - and that's even if you know where you are going.

      Delete
  2. Sounds like a nightmare stretch FC..I saw this incident on TV made me shiver in me timbers..seriously when you think about it, if everyone did the right thing ,.no alcohol, no drugs, no anger ..no stupid accidents, would be really good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grace, I make dumb mistakes myself occasionally, even when I'm focused. I worry about the day someone else and I might make a dumb mistake at the same time.

      Delete
  3. Of course re-opening the rural rail network would make massive trucks on roads mostly unnecessary ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all rather insane, really. I wonder if private enterprise has anything to do with it?

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. You can't be slower than me. If this is some kind of competition, I win because the judge said so. I am the judge, no conflict of interest at all.

      Delete